New from Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mavster

Hi,

Just wanted to introduce myself - 32 year old Dutch guy living in Britain. Was a member many years ago when living in Amsterdam but my account seems to have disappeared!

I moved to Britain in 2011 as my wife is from Bristol. Only really got back in to cycling (from it being an everyday occurence when living in Holland) when I moved here. Finally got a road bike fitted, and can't wait to get some miles (km...) under my belt,

Love the forum, lots of advice on British roads and cycling culture here!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Hello and :welcome:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Bristol's pretty good for cycling in my view. I think drivers generally have a live and let live slightly laid back attitude which helps cyclists and makes driving a bit easier for that matter. I was part of the daily pelaton on the A38 dual carriageway to Aztec west / Almondsbury for ages and it was fine despite looking like a nasty road to cycle on. Great city to live in too

OP
OP
mavster

mavster

Yeah really love it here too - still looking for some trafficless circular routes however, cycle paths and cyclist's signs are pretty hard to decipher sometimes, hoping to do emerson's green to bath next Saturday and back

OP
OP
mavster

mavster

[QUOTE 5103627, member: 45"]Welcome.

Get yourself signed up for the Great Weston Ride.[/QUOTE]
Will look that up now! Still a lonely cyclist here!

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Welcome. I am a big fan of the NL. Off again touring there this summer with my two daughters. Possibly some coffee ;)

Audax Club Bristol is a very eclectic and warm cycling club if you are looking for one. They ride every Wednesday or Thursday night and of course a little bit further at weekends. AND our colours are orange.

Last edited:
Hello and :welcome:

Top Bottom