New bike build!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Duc gas

Über Member
So after being totally enthralled with Chris Woody's superb bamboo bike build last year it was time for me to have a crack at my own build. I decided on the cyclocross/gravel bike build. My main frustration was trying to source all the other components at a reasonable price, eventually I made a bid on a donor triban 520 which seemed to have most of the components I was looking for. I'm really pleased with the end result and the bike rides really well ,and hasn't disintegrated on its first few outings! If your looking for a really interesting challenge during lockdown I can thoroughly recommend... 👍😊

IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0516.JPG
IMG_0520.JPG
IMG_0517.JPG

chriswoody

Legendary Member
That's brilliant, it's great to hear I've inspired someone else to have a go. You've made a really nice job of that, I love the way you've finished the lugs, really tidy.

I was just thinking today, I need to get mine out and give it a good wash and ride now that the sun has re-appeared in our skies.

OP
OP
D

Duc gas

Über Member
That's brilliant, it's great to hear I've inspired someone else to have a go. You've made a really nice job of that, I love the way you've finished the lugs, really tidy.

I was just thinking today, I need to get mine out and give it a good wash and ride now that the sun has re-appeared in our skies.

Chriswoody , thanks to you I've managed to keep well occupied over the last few weeks, they're real fun to build aren't they! I see they've just started selling kits where the lugs are pre-formed in carbon fibre so you just cut the bamboo to length and bond into the lugs, taking a day to build the frame apparently. Takes something away from the fun to me I think?? Take care, and thanks again!

Top Bottom