Never too late

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

recycling

I've just started cycling again at the tender age of 70.
My previous experience, apart from as a child, is limited to a brief spell in the 80s when I joined in with my children as they learned to ride, but I decided to buy a bike and start again, to join several of my wrinkly friends who vary between keen and occasional cyclists.
I have only been riding a few weeks but am enjoying it so much that I am joining some of said friends on a tour of northern France this summer.
I also enjoy the maintenance side of things as I am also a motorcyclist and an inveterate tinkerer with things mechanical.

Richard

Sixmile

Guru
Welcome Richard! It is fantastic that you've bought a bike again.

It'll be great to hear about your adventures and trips, especially to France.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Welcome aboard ! An inveterate tinkerer is always welcome if you you can offer advice to us mechanical illiterates ! Enjoy your cycling, you will have to keep us posted about your summer tour.

I like stories like this. I think it is great when more senior people just grab something that is generally looked upon as a younger person`s activity. Great stuff Richard.

What motorcycle do you have? When I was about 42 I went back to motorcycling for a short while.(Think it was a bit of mid life crisis)^_^ I bought a classic Suzuki GS1000E. It weighed a quarter of a ton and I was struggling to hold if it ever I let it lean off totally vertically. It`s gone now, but here is a photo.
Left side in park.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

recycling

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Night Cycler : I have a 1977 BMW R100 RS which I have had for twenty five years and now know inside out. A wonderful machine, though probably heavier than the Suzuki. I've never been without a bike since I was 21 and will never sell this one. It's currently being resprayed, and is far from standard, which is what I meant by saying I was a tinkerer. I enjoy modifying machines to get them the way I want. Probably less scope with a bicycle, but we'll see.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You may find it takes a lifetime to get the saddle right^_^

Top Bottom