Need Help Naming a Frame Component

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davester65

Growing Old is Compulsory...Growing Up is Optional
Hi Guys,

I'm about to refurb my old Specialized Sirrus & I need help naming a small part of the frame finishing components to replace one that is missing. Basically it's the metal collar that sits into the frame where the internal gear cabling goes. Spent ages googling it this afternoon with no success but that's probably because I don't know what the part is called! Help me out with the name of this small part please? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG20240826174916.jpg
    IMG20240826174916.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 19

OldShep

Über Member
Grommet

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

Thanks guys, tried loads of different words today, ferrule, frame insert, collar etc etc, no joy, Grommet is a good call, never thought of that one, thanks OldShep, just googled that and definitely getting nearer, but can only find rubber grommets.....closer....but no cigar yet! Keep the ideas coming peeps. Thanks.

OP
OP
davester65

davester65

Problem Solved, when OldShep mentioned grommets that got me thinking outside the box, so had a dig around in my spare parts storage case and found these M5 Rivnuts which I'd bought to add extra bottle bosses to frames. They fit the frame perfectly and hold the 4mm gear outing snugly once a plastic ferrule is fitted. Wasted a whole afternoon googling stuff that I already had :-) Thanks for the help & inspiration guys, much appreciated.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg