Nakamura Lyqid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

battered

Guru
I got hold of one of these for loose change last year, it's been turned into a singly. I had to do some fettling to get the gearing right but now it's OK. What concerns me is what the heck is it? Or was it at least? It appears to have MTB geometry but someone has crammed on some 700 x 35C wheels, they are a very snug fit in the frame but it goes. In addition it has gear shifters (or at least the bosses for them) on the downtube, so it's not a MTB at heart. No pannier hangers or mudguard hangers. It has V brakes, dunno if it originally had cantis. It's just a strange thing. Rides nicely, flat bars and a loooong stem a la 80s/90s MTBs. I had it out yesterday for 25 miles or so.
I've posted pics previously, I can dig them out again if anyone needs them.

OP
OP
battered

battered

Guru
After a bit of poking about it seems it's an Intersport brand (a French sports chain). Mostly pretty mediocre stuff. I wonder if it started out life as a roady, with or without flat bars, and downtube shifters. These last mountings may be for brake or gear outer cable holders, but they seem a bit complex for that. Of course it may be a pretty elderly frame, however the TIG welded aluminium and non-cyclindrical down tube says "last 10 years" to me.

Top Bottom