My last 26 inch bike is sold

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buzz22

Über Member
After a few years of faithful service my old Raleigh 26 inch MTB was sold yesterday.

20220627_105410.jpg

10 mins with a good price was all it took on facebook marketplace.

The new owner was a young guy who was going to do what I had done on it, some light touring.
He was very happy when I added in a rear rack and a couple of sets of spare tyres (including some Panaracer Paselas).
Over the years I had upgraded a few things including wheels and gearing but it was fairly standard.
20220627_111008.jpg

The old Raleigh did it's job, see ya mate.
20220802_114345.jpg

Attachments

• 20240824_084840.jpg
    20240824_084840.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 6

figbat

Slippery scientist
I’m still clinging on to a couple of 26ers, a late ‘90s Saracen and a 2007 Kona (my son rides this now). It would be sad to see either go as they have played big parts of my cycling history.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Still got my Diamond Back Ascent. It's my commuter these days. Would make a good world tourer with the braise on mounting points. Fast it is not.

OP
OP
B

buzz22

Über Member
Still got my Diamond Back Ascent. It's my commuter these days. Would make a good world tourer with the braise on mounting points. Fast it is not.

Mine lacked a lot of mounting points so it was a bit limited but great for light stuff.
With me on board, like all my bikes, a bit slow.
The old 26ers are so versatile though with a big range of gears and relaxed geometry.

Top Bottom