Mundo Air Pannier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Guru
Does anyone have experience of using a Mundo Air Pannier?

IMG_3524_480x.jpg

https://www.mundomusicgear.co.uk/pr...0inH0ftB1mAZJw4Qx06sG09eNgr2flE37J3yjz6zjf2o9

I've been looking a set of panniers for my electric bike (the only bike in the current fleet with a rack) in order to carry my musical gear better. The other night I'd my bass guitar in a soft case on my back with a wee amp in a soft case bungeed onto the rear rack. I have no way of carrying my more expensive guitars that are hard cased on the bike (well apart from one of my many trailers or on the cargo rack of the tandem..) but thinking this may be a solution? Also would be handy for a host of other loads too by the look of it. I'd be interested to hear of any experiences or general thoughts and considerations.

Does anyone have experience of using a Mundo Air Pannier?

View attachment 744147
https://www.mundomusicgear.co.uk/pr...0inH0ftB1mAZJw4Qx06sG09eNgr2flE37J3yjz6zjf2o9

I've been looking a set of panniers for my electric bike (the only bike in the current fleet with a rack) in order to carry my musical gear better. The other night I'd my bass guitar in a soft case on my back with a wee amp in a soft case bungeed onto the rear rack. I have no way of carrying my more expensive guitars that are hard cased on the bike (well apart from one of my many trailers or on the cargo rack of the tandem..) but thinking this may be a solution? Also would be handy for a host of other loads too by the look of it. I'd be interested to hear of any experiences or general thoughts and considerations.

I would be worried about the shock going through the frame, the rack and into the instrument when you go over bumps and potholes

you would need some sort of padding to take up the shock

Maybe - I am sure there are popel who know better than me

Jameshow

Veteran
I would be worried about the shock going through the frame, the rack and into the instrument when you go over bumps and potholes

you would need some sort of padding to take up the shock

Maybe - I am sure there are popel who know better than me

How about a few sheets of laminate under floor foam cut to suit?

OP
OP
Sixmile

Sixmile

Guru
The road into town near me is particularly bumpy and many a water bottle, school bag or pump have jumped off along the descent. The other night with my bass amp on my rack in a soft padded case, the rattling wasn't actually too bad. Instruments and amps can take a little bit of shaking, then in a case they can take a little more, then with the case on a bike with say 650 tyres there's a little more protection, then the rider is trying to guide the wheels over the least problematic bits of the road but I guess there's always the risk of an unknown pothole or one new crack in the road to risk thousands of pounds of guitar. Maybe the car IS the best option here :ph34r:

Top Bottom