Muddyfox - broken rear suspension connection between spring and frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

adize

Hey guys,
One month ago I bought Muddyfox Reflex bike from Sportsdirect (I know that it's not a very good bike, but I needed something not too expensive to commute to work and this bike seemed to be quite neat option). Everything was great, but last week I noticed that one part is broken (it probably broke when I was riding, as when I bought it everything was ok).
Namely it is a connection between rear suspension spring and bike frame (I'm from Poland and I don't even know the exact name of it, maybe you could help me :smile:). I attach a photo to make it easier.
part.jpg

I was wondering if this part is replaceable, if so, do you know any shop where can I buy it?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Warranty job - plain and simple.
I don't know where you'd get a spare bit, but at a month old I'd be straight back to the shop with it.

C

chillyuk

As TheDoctor says. Take it back to Sports Direct. Chances are they will just give you another bike off the pile. After only one month don't let them fob you off with returning the bike to the manufacturer. Your contract is with SportsDirect not with whoever makes MuddyFox bikes.

Telemark

Cycling is fun ...
1 month! Definitely get the shop to sort it, they are legally obliged to. Take your receipt with you ...
Hope you can get it sorted quickly

T

C

chillyuk

Purely as a point of interest, MuddyFox are a subsidiary of Universal Cycles, who are owned by Sports Direct.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I'd be after a swap for a different bike.
For commuting to work, something more like this would be a better bet.
Full suspension for £175, it's never going to be good...

OP
OP
A

adize

Thank you for replies and advice. The only problem is that I bought it online and I visited local store, but they said that i have to contact online store to sort it out. So I've written email and hopefully they'll reply me tomorrow.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Thank you for replies and advice. The only problem is that I bought it online and I visited local store, but they said that i have to contact online store to sort it out. So I've written email and hopefully they'll reply me tomorrow.

Cobblers. Faulty goods can be taken to a local store - the Online store sent me an email with this when I had to return some faulty cycling shorts.

Just ask for a refund then go to a proper bike shop not just a shop that sells bikes.

Top Bottom