Motor Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My Motor insurance is due in just over three weeks and I've found a good quote but i'm unsure about it.
It's called Aviva online and i didn't realise until i got right to the end that it's what it says in the title that you don't get to speak to anyone it's all done by email or text.
What i like about the policy though is that there is no compulsory excess just voluntary something i have never seen in other motor insurances.
I always like to speak to a human at the end of a phone when dealing with companies but having a total lower excess is also tempting.
Any advice would be helpful.:okay:

Alex321

Guru
Our house insurance is through Aviva.

I've never spoken to a human on the phone, and have successfully claimed after my cycling accident a couple of years ago.

I have absolutely no issues with them. I think they do have a phone number for claims, but even that is not necessary.

richardfm

Veteran

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Our home Insurance is with Aviva.

Our car insurance is with Swiftcover.

We bank/save with 17 different institutions, here & abroad.

Never spoken to anyone over the last 10+ years apart from one minor car accident claim, one home insurance claim, and several renewal price haggling sessions on the insurance side of things. And once to our primary bank re a lost debit card.

Only other thing is that we have ISA's with a regional BS and they rather quaintly have very old fashioned pass books. We have to visit a branch to have the annual interest updated. Bizzarre! Great rate though! Apparently many of their customers love the comfort factor of being able to 'see' their finances in these little books. How odd is that?

No desire to talk to any of them again tbh. Online and remote suits us fine and we have no existential angst re our finances & insurances, etc being managed by a faceless entity.

This stuff should, and does, just run smoothly in the background of our lives.

One of the great steps forward in modern life.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Thanks for your comments and i have gone ahead and bought the insurance.
Funny enough the insurance which i have now and doesn't run out until early October is Aviva Plus so same company but different product but they take the payments through debit card and not direct debit but the renewal price had gone up too high.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks for your comments and i have gone ahead and bought the insurance.
Funny enough the insurance which i have now and doesn't run out until early October is Aviva Plus so same company but different product but they take the payments through debit card and not direct debit but the renewal price had gone up too high.

Did you ask them to match themselves assuming like for like? IIRC Aviva Plus comes with extras included like legal?

presta

Guru
It's no good unless you drive a Viva.

Top Bottom