Mate's Raleigh Trent Tourist robbed from Cowley, Oxford - 03/06/24

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Apologies mods for the duplicate post - wanted to get as much exposure as possible since I suspect not a lot of people looking in the stolen section..

It's a lovely old bike and much-missed. Fairly distinctive given its age / style, the massive basket and fat saddle.

Taken from a garden (where it wasn't visible from public property) and worth next to nowt financially, so probably nicked by one of the local smackheads to chase their dealer around the city.

Hoping I might see it around; please keep an eye out of you're local / frequent the usual sales sites!

41995844_440621138752363_2297420755067970132_n-jpg.jpg

T4tomo

Legendary Member
a scour of the local streets might be in order, its the sort of thing that is nicked for a laugh and then dumped as it has virtually no resale value, but obvious sentimental value.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

a scour of the local streets might be in order, its the sort of thing that is nicked for a laugh and then dumped as it has virtually no resale value, but obvious sentimental value.

Indeed, will take the long way home tonight if I have the energy.. I guess the chances of just passing it in the street are pretty remote however :sad:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Indeed, will take the long way home tonight if I have the energy.. I guess the chances of just passing it in the street are pretty remote however :sad:

you say that, but a friends who's was nicked from just off Iffley road was found on Magdalen Bridge. This happened many moons ago.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I think it might get dumped. Put it on the main facebook page for your city.
No one will be buying that.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I think it might get dumped. Put it on the main facebook page for your city.
No one will be buying that.

Indeed, standard smackhead MO of robbing whatever works, riding it until it's utterly ruined then abandoning it and moving onto the next. This was apparently the route by which my Raleigh reached me..

I've posted details everywhere I can and will continue to keep an eye out around the city..

Top Bottom