Mate SUV

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Aye it's pricey alright. If I think of all the bikes (?), kids seats (2), cargo trailers (3), kid carrying trailers (2), dog trailers (2), tandems (2) etc that I've bought between the birth of my children and the 10 years that followed, although it wouldn't be £5k, it mightn't be that far off all considered. A decent cargo bike at the very start would've saved me a lot of hoking about for solutions and transport options.

If it could be bought via a cycle to work scheme, the savings would be huge.

My C2W scheme max's out at £3k so this is well out of that range.

My current setup is a £2k bike + £150 trailer, and the trailer is definately something I'll be replacing with a better one now I know what I want exactly but that will be no more than £300-£500. So you can see why I balk a little at £5.5k for this!

I do quite like this SUV bike TBH. Its got chunky tyres to deal with the things that pass for roads these days and I like the idea of having the wider section at the front so I'm not worried about clanging into something as I forgot about the wide bit at the back. But I can't justify double the cost of my current setup especially as I'd very rarely use the cargo bike for anything else, whereas my Bike+Trailer is used for all rides just with the trailer unhooked.

OP
OP
Sixmile

Sixmile

Guru
My C2W scheme max's out at £3k so this is well out of that range.

My current setup is a £2k bike + £150 trailer, and the trailer is definately something I'll be replacing with a better one now I know what I want exactly but that will be no more than £300-£500. So you can see why I balk a little at £5.5k for this!

I do quite like this SUV bike TBH. Its got chunky tyres to deal with the things that pass for roads these days and I like the idea of having the wider section at the front so I'm not worried about clanging into something as I forgot about the wide bit at the back. But I can't justify double the cost of my current setup especially as I'd very rarely use the cargo bike for anything else, whereas my Bike+Trailer is used for all rides just with the trailer unhooked.

Mine max's out at £2k so even further out of mine. I think the Green Cycle commute scheme is unlimited though?

What trailer are you aiming for next? I've just bought a cargo rack for my tandem which are £450 new but thankfully got the two bits of metal around half of that recently.

Mine max's out at £2k so even further out of mine. I think the Green Cycle commute scheme is unlimited though?

What trailer are you aiming for next? I've just bought a cargo rack for my tandem which are £450 new but thankfully got the two bits of metal around half of that recently.

Anything that is exactly 1" narrower than my current one as its just too wide to be wheeled down the side of my house and I have to carry it :laugh:

In all seriousness I'd like larger wheels than the 16" I have to give a smoother ride, similar shape as I like the boxxyness. A handle to wheel it when not attached would be a bonus. There's no rush on this for me though, I'll probably run this until the tyres need replacing then upgrade. It was only £72 new and the tyres I like are £40-60 so rather than fit nice tyres to this I'll upgrade.

This is what I have now.

Attachments

• 61iKDosNxkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    61iKDosNxkL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0

classic33

Leg End Member
Apart from the price I do quite like that chunky tyre look, and if I was to buy a cargo bike I would like a trike with the twin wheels at the front but at £5500 its well above my price range.
There was this one, at auction two months ago.
From what they said about the cargo bike they had a few weeks later, the lower estimate is/was the reserve price.

There was this one, at auction two months ago.
From what they said about the cargo bike they had a few weeks later, the lower estimate is/was the reserve price.

I saw that, trouble is if my trailer doesn't fit down the house that definately won't! Can't believe it's not sold again though as £1k is a steal for it.