Marin Pine Mountain, XT shifters, Marin Palisades

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
We're having a clear out and sadly mine and my wife's beloved old mountain bikes have to go. The Pine Mountain would make a great "doer upper", it has been upgraded with carbon bar, Rock Shox Judy Forks, FSA headset, there's decent Panaracer Smokes tyres and the best bit is the XT thumbshifters! The rest of the groupset is mostly DX with LX cranks. The frame fits me great, I'm 6 foot. It has some rust spots which look superficial to me.

My Wife's is the Palisades, bright yellow, U brakes etc, not in great nick but could fixed up.

Both bikes are probably about 1990, the pine mountain has the grey textured frame if anyone remembers those!

I don't want much for them, make me an offer if you like or offer to swap something for them - doesn't have to be cycling related. I'm open minded, you don't have to have both bikes, or if you just want some parts off one of them I'd probably look at that too.

marin bikes (Copy).JPG

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My god! I've just gone weak at the reminiscent knees. Just had to bin one of the said same amber wall Panaracer Smokes due to its partner blowing out a side wall on a steep fast descent. Those awful forks need taking off and replacing with a set of day-glo rigid forks just like it must have originally been sold with, and those XT shifters...... If it wouldn't result in a divorce I would bite your hand off for that bike :thumbsup:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
HHHHHHHNNNNnnnnnnnn

Where are ya Dose?
Near Brecon in Wales.

It would be no good for you Dan, a bike like that is for a rider with grace and finesse. ;)

Brecon, just on the way to my dad's in Cwmbran.........

Girvin flexstem, I ran one on a bike for a while and found it great for taking the edge of the rough stuff. They had changeable rubbers in (I think) 3 levels of hardness. I found the softest ones (green?) broke up under serious use so ran the hard one (red?) and there was a blue one? in between.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
If you're interested Swansea is only down the road...kind of^_^

If it's still going when i'm about i'll give ya a shout.

Top Bottom