MAMIL?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hurri

Regular
Hi all
I've been cycling for some time... I started cycling at school, a means to escape to the countryside and enjoy some freedom. I was always dead jealous of my mate's bikes, whether at my primary school where I knew a guy with a 30 speed Raleigh Chopper, or in my teens where one guy I knew had a Holdsworth Professional... still to my mind a machine of wonder. I even did some time trialling... slowly!

So, I really don't know if I qualify as a MAMIL although I am a middle aged bloke with some bikes who doesn't get enough... cycling ^_^ .. and is too unfit. I'm still trying to compensate for having lead piping bicycles as a kid due to my parents having no cash so I'm currently building up a plastic bike that I expect to be just UCI legal weight wise (15lbs) so if you see someone riding something exotic very slowly round Maidenhead, that will be me, give us a wave!
cheers!

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
So, I really don't know if I qualify as a MAMIL although I am a middle aged bloke with some bikes who doesn't get enough... cycling ^_^
cheers!

I think you'll find you're in good company here :smile: Welcome

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Welcome, there are plenty of MAMILs, young uns and golden oldies here- so long as you're enjoying your bike you're welcome here.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
Welcome to CycleChat :thumbsup:

OP
OP
hurri

hurri

Regular
:welcome: Some of us went for the old Steel gems we craved when younger:biggrin:
yep, I still have an Atala SLX which is my turbo trainer bike which dates from the 80s. Beautiful ride ... looks like a gem too. When I took it into the LBS to fix the BB they all crowded round to look at it as it had some cool technology on it... Roedel spokes, remember those? they were made with a zig zag to add some suspension to the wheels (front only). the spokes were bladed and the zig zag was such that if you look from the side straight on down the hub as it were you can't see the waviness.

Anyway no question that I'd love to get a Holdsworth pro in orange... it would have to be original spec though, the modern fake with carbon forks misses the point... the ride of those old steel bikes is IMHO the best ^_^

Top Bottom