Lake shoes sizing, how accurate is their sizing advice ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guitars and Bikes

Im holding off on buying a pair of lake mx238 spd shoes until I have an idea what size I should order. Nowhere in N.Ireland stocks lake so I will have to get them online. I followed their measuring advice and got these figures, foot length 272mm and foot width 101mm. I also have high foot arches and have been told I should buy wide fitting shoes. Lake advise you add 5mm to foot length , so this brings me up to 277mm. My existing shimano wide fit xc3 spd shoes are a bit tight in the toe box and they are size EU44. My work shoes are EU43 and those fit me fine. I watched a YT video of a guy with same size feet as my own, he bought lake mx238 in EU44 and said they were crushing his toes. Such a minefield :cry:Do lake shoes normally fit true to normal shoe size or is it advised to go up a whole size ? If somebody has the experience of buying lakes, I would be interested in the size you bought compared to your normal shoe size.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have the same XC3's in 43, fine except the toe box is a bit tight, more like a road shoe - it's that particular shoe that's not very 'high' on the toe box as my 5 other pairs of Shimano are 43/44. I've previously had Lake 44's which were roomy. That said, you can't always rely on the same manufacturers shoe fitting. I have four pairs of Shimano shoes that use the same sole type, and are the same size. A newer pair of boots, despite being a 43 are as roomy as the 44's, but the XC3 are quite tight.

OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

I have the same XC3's in 43, fine except the toe box is a bit tight, more like a road shoe - it's that particular shoe that's not very 'high' on the toe box as my 5 other pairs of Shimano are 43/44. I've previously had Lake 44's which were roomy. That said, you can't always rely on the same manufacturers shoe fitting. I have four pairs of Shimano shoes that use the same sole type, and are the same size. A newer pair of boots, despite being a 43 are as roomy as the 44's, but the XC3 are quite tight.

I was finding with the xc3's in eu44 a bit of rubbing of the top of my right side little toe. A chiropodist I used for resulting corns on that toe said my arches are high and this was a contributory factor. If lake sizing is accurate then I am eu43, because I have high arches maybe eu44, because I have wide feet and high arches maybe eu44.5 and if they are all wrong maybe eu45. What a pain in the ass !!

Top Bottom