I've waited 9 years, so i've got to know now!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
As far as I can tell, he didn't overtake anyone/benefit as a result. Besides, he was taking evasive action and it wasn't a deliberate act.
 

oldroadman

Legendary Member
Location
Ubique
Strictly speaking, he failed to cover about 200 metres of the course. But given the situation and no advantage gained, why would there be a problem. Masterpiece of handling and no harm done, after all he avoided Beloki who ended up with a braken hip from the 75+ kph fall. Force Majeure, and all that. Not like cutting through a garage forecourt to nip past the peloton on a corner in the last few km (which I have seen and got the rider DQ'd).
 

Noodley

Guest
There was a clip on ITV4 highlights show the other night of the year that Roche won the Tour, the front riders were tapping away up a mountain hairpin when another rider about 5 or 6 back stopped at the side of the road, took a few steps up the rocks and jumped back on in the lead :laugh: I'd never seen the clip before.
 
Top Bottom