I've had to stop cycling for the time being...(it's driving me nuts!!! lol)

• Thread starter Deleted member 35268
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Look after yourself. Best of luck with the next op

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sorry to hear this - I had the pleasure of one of these many years ago and don't envy the experience itself or the time of the bike.

Fingers' crossed they get it right this time!

AndyRM

XOXO
Take it easy after a hernia op. My grandad didn't and it caused him all kinds of bother.

My dad had one about a month ago and while it's driving him crazy, he's being sensible and so far recovery seems to be going well.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I had bilateral inguinal hernias around 20 years ago. The one that emerged first was due to be fixed when I was diagnosed with heart problems, so I had to wait until that had been sorted until I could be operated on. By then the twin had appeared so I got both repaired at the same time. In my case I found cycling was about the only activity I could do. Walking had become almost impossible. However I had been prescribed a truss - I hadn't believed they still existed - a sort of belt with two wooden egg shapes which prevented the gut falling out. Not comfortable but certainly effective. Are they still used?

Jasonbikenoob25

I had a hernia surgery that didn’t go right either, and the waiting game is the worst. I know how it feels to have your routine messed up. I ended up doing some light stretching and low-impact stuff to stay active while waiting for my follow-up surgery. It wasn’t the same as cycling, but it helped a bit. Hopefully, the next operation sorts everything out and you can get back to your 100-mile weeks in no time.

Conrad_K

I am awaiting a second inguinal hernia operation after the previous mesh operation failed.
What was the failure mode?

My wife had a big knot under the incision after they took her gall bladder out; she went back under the knife and they put mesh in - it covers her whole abdomen - but there's still a big knot there. The docs don't see any problem with it, but she'd not happy about it at all.

postman

Squire
I am due one late September or before the middle of October.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My builder had a hernia op about 2 months ago and although we would like our toilet done were not pushing him to come back before hes ready .
GWS to all waiting till they can ride again , im off the bike today too as i had a 100 mile ride planned but my shoulder has been playing up lately to the point where i have to sit pretty upright to take pressure off the shoulder that i had the collar bone pinned a few years ago. I have been doing a fair amount of work on the gym so i think i have strained the tendon that attaches the front shoulder muscle to the collar bone so i am giving it complete rest for a few days .

Drago

Legendary Member
I had a steering wheel stuck over my schlong.

I went to the doctor and he asked, "does it hurt?"

To which I replied, "no, but it's driving me nuts!"

I'll get my coat...

Top Bottom