Is it possible to use Wahoo Elemnt Roam in the Himalayas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WildlifeSplash

Regular
I'm heading out to Ladakh on the last week of this month for a few weeks. We have routes planned, after 2 days acclimatisation and a couple of 20km rides, we going to get some 60 milers in with 1000m climbs. What would be useful is to record everything.

So I just wondered if any one might know what the process is to achieve this with the kit I've got; or the likely issues and shortcomings?

blackrat

I'm heading out to Ladakh on the last week of this month for a few weeks. We have routes planned, after 2 days acclimatisation and a couple of 20km rides, we going to get some 60 milers in with 1000m climbs. What would be useful is to record everything.

So I just wondered if any one might know what the process is to achieve this with the kit I've got; or the likely issues and shortcomings?

"..we going to get some 60 milers in with 1000m climbs"

Personally, I'd rent a yak, they are used to climbing.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller

I've never used one in India.

But there is a maps file for India, and even if your area isn't covered, you can use it for recording regardless (recording works independently of maps).

So I'd say you can definitely use it for recording, and probably for navigation too.

OP
OP
WildlifeSplash

WildlifeSplash

Regular
"..we going to get some 60 milers in with 1000m climbs"

Personally, I'd rent a yak, they are used to climbing.

True

But there is a maps file for India, and even if your area isn't covered, you can use it for recording regardless (recording works independently of maps).

So I'd say you can definitely use it for recording, and probably for navigation too.

Brilliant, thanks for your message, I'm starting to feel more confident!
Cheers.
.... unfortunately I am the pack horse ...

OP
OP
WildlifeSplash

WildlifeSplash

Regular

Thanks for that! I've only ever used Wahoo in UK, so I'll look into the map files Monday. If a problem, good to know I can still record.... Thanks for your time...

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Pictures please!

+1

I’d love to see all the gory details too !!

OP
OP
WildlifeSplash

WildlifeSplash

Regular
" weeks time off to central and north Portugal. Looking forward to what wahoo brings there...

Pictures please!
1726144504416.png

1726145129539.png

1726145206269.png

1726145129539.png

1726145249562.png

1726145206269.png

1726145129539.png

1726144504416.png

1726144504416.png

1726145129539.png

1726145206269.png