Indoor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
Hi
New to the group , I’m currently cycling on a pedal pro inside and wanted some advice to gauge mileage please

I believe this is a non smart indoor trainer. If you connected a fairly decent GPS unit with a magnet pickup , it MAYBE possible to calculate distance.

If that fails, ride to time or invest in a Wahoo Kickr Snap which is a full functioning smart trainer.

Then with either a smart phone/tablet/PC/apple TV you could use an online software to get full interactive training which is far more immersive experience.

This is a bit of extreme, but we have 3 fully smart turbo setups with monitors to connect to each bike trainer

1000016179.jpg

Hi
New to the group , I’m currently cycling on a pedal pro inside and wanted some advice to gauge mileage please

If you just want to guage plastic miles, any simple magnet based computer will be able to record them. You don't actually go anywhere though and speed/distance with that set up is governed largely by what resistance level you have the trainer set to and what gear you are in. Power and time (time in power zones and interval based training) are better metrics but the former is more expensive, before I could afford power (a power meter) I used Heart Rate (time in HR zone).

si_c

Guru
If you just want to guage plastic miles, any simple magnet based computer will be able to record them. You don't actually go anywhere though and speed/distance with that set up is governed largely by what resistance level you have the trainer set to and what gear you are in. Power and time (time in power zones and interval based training) are better metrics but the former is more expensive, before I could afford power (a power meter) I used Heart Rate (time in HR zone).

This is the answer. If you have something more advanced than a basic Cateye Velo computer such as a Garmin or Wahoo then getting an additional ANT+ speed sensor makes sense.

If you don't have anything at the moment, then something like the Cateye Velo will work - you just need to position the sensor on the rear wheel not the front.

CXRAndy

Guru
If you decide you want more from indoor riding than staring at a wall

Then maybe something like this
1000016210.jpg

Attachments

• 1000016212.jpg
    1000016212.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1
Top Bottom