ICE Adventure-Shimano Steps problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaddyPaddey

Über Member
I have done about 9000 miles on my ICE Adventure recumbent assisted by Shimano Steps E6000. This has been very reliable up until the last month when the display has suddenly gone blank [turning the motor off], and the system then rebooted itself, though when it comes back on the power assist is set to 'off'. I did a hilly 40 miles last Wednesday without the slightest glitch. Fast forward to Saturday and during the last 10 miles of a 25 mile ride it turned itself off no less than 27 times [yes I was counting] including one time when I was stationary. Local Shimano support is puzzled. Has anyone encountered anything similar, if so what was the outcome?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have done about 9000 miles on my ICE Adventure recumbent assisted by Shimano Steps E6000. This has been very reliable up until the last month when the display has suddenly gone blank [turning the motor off], and the system then rebooted itself, though when it comes back on the power assist is set to 'off'. I did a hilly 40 miles last Wednesday without the slightest glitch. Fast forward to Saturday and during the last 10 miles of a 25 mile ride it turned itself off no less than 27 times [yes I was counting] including one time when I was stationary. Local Shimano support is puzzled. Has anyone encountered anything similar, if so what was the outcome?

I had something similar on my Kettwiessel which turned out to be a broken cable to the motor. This was due partly to a design fault and partly my own carelessness as the cable was caught when I folded the seat forward.
Kinetics in Glasgow found the fault pretty quickly and fixed it.

Top Bottom