I feel initiated now.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cabbieman

Hi all. Complete newbie here.
Bought my bike off a friend for my 30th wedding anniversary last year( merida ride 77) and managed the grand sum of 2 excursions totalling about 9 miles.
Well I've been out twice this week already and managed 11 miles already .
Having a lot of problems with them paddle gears though, keep forgetting what does what. I'll get there.
Went up a decent Hill earlier and as I was getting near the top I was frantically changing up to keep going but cocked up and changed down loosing all momentum.
As I came to a stop, I forgot my foot was attached to the pedal and couldn't get it out on time.
You know the rest.
Felt such a fool picking myself up off the grass ( luckily not tarmac).
Guess I'm not the only one though.
I think I'm going to enjoy this cycling lark.
Dave.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You're not racing so you don't need to trade efficiency for peak power, you're not on a recumbent, so there's no need to tie your feet on... but if you like the little lie downs, carry on.

OP
OP
cabbieman

cabbieman

You're not racing so you don't need to trade efficiency for peak power, you're not on a recumbent, so there's no need to tie your feet on... but if you like the little lie downs, carry on.

The pedals and shoes came with the bike. I'm still a newbie so I'm not sure what to do for the best. I'll stick with it till I know what I'm doing. It's the gear paddles that are doing me in at the moment. I do enjoy the odd rest on the grass though

Top Bottom