Hybrid Frame ,shifters and bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
1.jpg 2.jpg Photo0108.jpg Photo0106.jpg Photo0107.jpg
Raleigh venture frame
I Got this frame off the ctc forums and the owner said it was for someone up to 5 foot 8" but i reckon it comes up a bit smaller than that and to get the seat high enough i have to have the seat to high for comfort .
Listed by the ctc member as a 14 " frame, i have measured it and i think thats real foir a compact frame, as far as i can work out its a 16 "
The frame is bare apart from a bottom bracket, 52/42 chainrings, headset with a adaptor to take ahead set stems and i have installed mech hangers with the one on the non drive side upside down so its can take QR wheels without having to get it level by eye.Also has a set of v brakes , levers and a flat bar on a 110 mm stem.Takes 700c wheels.Oops nearly forgot also has a front deraillier

£30 collection from South Derbyshire
Right hand 8 speed twist grip shifter
Brand new tourney 8 speed shifter bought for the project, includes cable
£8 posted
Left hand twist shifter
Non indexed , again bought new and includes cables
£7 posted
Or £40 the lot collected

e-rider

Banned member
a 14" frame is absolutely tiny - actually a junior size surely? Most Adult bikes don't go smaller than 16" and even that is very small.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
a 14" frame is absolutely tiny - actually a junior size surely? Most Adult bikes don't go smaller than 16" and even that is very small.
Might have been listed wrong i will measure it but to get my leg right i have to have the seat silly high, off to take piccies in a minute.
EDIT
I think its a 16", the measurement quoted was real rather than virtual, cheers for the heads up

Top Bottom