HTC One X

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Just seeing if anyone is interested in this before I stick it on fleabay. It's a great phone, quite large. The one on the HTC website is white whereas mine is black. As far as I can see there are no scratches or scuffs on it and I'll throw in a case which it clips into and then has a foldover flap with magnetic fastening.

I'm looking for offers in the region of £150 plus P&P (usually about £7).

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
is it locked to a network ???

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
is it locked to a network ???
I don't think so but have no way of checking unfortunately. It's takes a microsim of which I only have the one which is Orange. There is no Orange bloatware on the phone though which I accept isn't a guarantee of it not being locked

FYI - you can get a mini sim cut down into a micro sim in just about any phone shop, so you don't need a new sim if yours is currently not a micro sim.

Or, you can do it yourself by following THIS, hope that helps :thumbsup:

PS: beware ebay's stealth final valuation fee on whatever you charge for P&P!

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
FYI - you can get a mini sim cut down into a micro sim in just about any phone shop, so you don't need a new sim if yours is currently not a micro sim.

Yeah, I'm loathe to sell it on ebay to be honest, but needs must.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
only asking as somebody else will do sooner or later
Yep I know. If it's any use and for people who understand these things, it has a plain WWE CID (again this may or may not be evidence of not being locked to a network. I know that some Vodafone locked phones have a CID like VODA-UK and there are Orange CIDs also.

broomwagon

Oops, didn't read Smokeys reply properly

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
I don't think so but have no way of checking unfortunately. It's takes a microsim of which I only have the one which is Orange. There is no Orange bloatware on the phone though which I accept isn't a guarantee of it not being locked
Did you buy the phone new and from orange? If so then it is 100% locked to the orange network.
Every new phone is locked to the network it is assigned too. Networks make manufacturers do this. It was explained to me by my trainer as to why but I have forgot.

Orange will unlock the phone for you at a cost of £20.42 which will show up on next months bill if on contract. If PayG you need to top the phones credit up by that amount. It takes around 20days for a unlock code to be sent or buttons which you need to press but this is entirely at the manufacturers pleasure and they normally take the ages so it can be 30 days. I think for Iphones there is a 6 week backlog if I remeber correctly but that's not applicable here..

Last edited:

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Google apps store has an app called unlock HTC one, which enables the phone to be used on any network you don't need to send it off.
Android phones are a breeze to make network free.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
It was bought through a third party agent as refurbished rather than from Orange.

Sold now,

EDIT:Actually it's not sold anymore due to a stoopid sister in law. Who will not be receiving any technical help with her new Galaxy S3 that she's just paid £300 for.

So still open to any offers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom