Hope 4 Pro Freehub

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimmy Welch

Hi Everyone
Got a problem with my Hope Rs4 freehub body snd the thread for the cassette locking screw which may be resolved if its not I'm going to replace the freehub body, can I put a Hope 4 pro free hub straight up , most literature says they are all compatible but I'd like to run it past the wise heads on here

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Hi Everyone
Got a problem with my Hope Rs4 freehub body snd the thread for the cassette locking screw which may be resolved if its not I'm going to replace the freehub body, can I put a Hope 4 pro free hub straight up , most literature says they are all compatible but I'd like to run it past the wise heads on here

And in addition is it better to get it in stainless or aluminium, in terms of strength and resilience

Yes, they're intercompatible. Pro 4 has 4 pawls vs 2 on the RS4 but they'll work. If you're using it on an mtb or ebike go for the Pro 4 as you'll need the extra engagement. As for steel vs alloy, steel resists cassette-keying better but again, depends if your use warrants it

OP
OP
J

Jimmy Welch

Yes, they're intercompatible. Pro 4 has 4 pawls vs 2 on the RS4 but they'll work. If you're using it on an mtb or ebike go for the Pro 4 as you'll need the extra engagement. As for steel vs alloy, steel resists cassette-keying better but again, depends if your use warrants it

Brilliant thanks I've gone for the stainless as the aluminium thread on the rs4 freehub has failed on the first service and I've never had that with old hubs . I've gone with the 4 pawls as I love the sound , simple as that

Top Bottom