Hiya from Somerset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grumpyoldwoman

As the title says,I'm from Somerset.

Due to now being car-less,I've recently (6 months or so ago now) got on my bike,literally,mainly to and from work,only a 6 mile round trip but hoping to take longer trips and eventually get a better bike.I have a much loved (and old lol)Raleigh Vixen at the moment,very comfy and suits my needs for now.Hopefully I won't get shown the door or laughed at too much lol.

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
:welcome:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum :welcome:

OP
OP
grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

[QUOTE 4046796, member: 45"]Welcome. I work in Somerset. Great for cycling. You can go all day without a hill, or spend all day climbing.[/QUOTE]

Yes,it's great for variety. My cycle route is along the A38,the only ''hill'' I encounter along that stretch is a railway bridge.

Hello. Best bit of Somerset is where they've turned old railway tunnels into cycle tracks... much easier! :laugh:
Like Shute Shelve tunnel on the Strawberry Line,you mean? Wonderful cycle path,that line!

OP
OP
grumpyoldwoman

grumpyoldwoman

Yep, or the two tunnels near Bath. Wonderful depends on when they last resurfaced it.

Not done those yet,will add them to my todo list! Really want to make the most of this new hobby that was kinda forced on me (if I wanted to keep my job and not have the hassle of finding a new job),but that I'm enjoying more than I ever thought I would.

Top Bottom