High end home cinema/ blue ray recorder

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Right, probably the wrong place to post, since perhaps all forum members, like me, keep spending all their spare cash on cycling stuff.

Anyway, to help fund my current build, I need to sell my home theatre set up.

In total it's £1,300 worth of gear, but 5 years old, so probably worth about 30p (in your dreams!).

The star attraction is the Panasonic Blue Ray recorder. This cost £800 new, and is extremely high end, even now. Here's a review of it:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/au...onic-dmr-bw880-blu-ray-recorder-711449/review

and spec:

The DMR-BW880 Blu-ray recorder features twin freeview HD digital tuners, a 500Gb Hard Drive, DLNA, Viera Cast & Viera Link compatibility.

• 500GB Hard Drive
  • High Definition Recording & Playback onto Blu-ray Disc and HDD
  • Twin Freeview HD Digital Tuners
  • Full Freeview EPG
  • VIERA CAST compatibility ( YouTube, Picasa )
  • Viera Link
  • Pause Live TV
  • SD Card Slot
  • USB terminal
  • HDMI
  • Music Juke Box with gracenote ( CD Database )
  • Dolby 5.1ch stream recording
  • Photo slideshow with music and transition effects
  • DLNA server
Next is the Onkyo receiver amp. Model tx sr 507, cost new £280 +. Features:

• 80 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08%, 2 Channels Driven, FTC; 90 Watts per Channel at 8 Ohms
  • HDMI Audio and Video Processing (1080p; 4 Inputs and 1 Output), HDMI™
  • Audyssey 2EQ™ to Correct Room Acoustic Problems
  • Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for Playback in Another Room (Separate Source)
  • DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus Decoding
Next Tannoy 5.1 surround speaker package, with active subwoofer. Small but powerful surround speakers like Bose Lifestyle range.

As a complete set up it gives phenomenal sound. You can feel the sound when the bass comes in during movies. The blu ray recorder is still selling for up to £500 on e-bay, however I will accept £500 for the lot, including high quality cables, from a forum member. All in excellent condition with remotes etc (I believe I even have boxes and instructions). A few days on the forum at this price before I list on e-bay for more money. Collection from South Oxfordshire.

marzjennings

Legendary Member
In total it's £1,300 worth of gear, but 5 years old, so probably worth about 30p (in your dreams!).

The star attraction is the Panasonic Blue Ray recorder. This cost £800 new, and is extremely high end, even now. Here's a review of it:
http://www.techradar.com/reviews/au...onic-dmr-bw880-blu-ray-recorder-711449/review

What you have there is a modern day betamax and maybe 30p is about right. Hang on to it for a few years and you'll have a collectible oddity.

OP
OP
B

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
BS.

How many people have BlueRay recording, and how are there any compatibility issues, considering it plays pretty much anything you put in it? If you don't have anything constructive to add, then please shut up.

Edited to add, I don't want to come across aggressive, but to me it's the height of obnoxiousness to post on somebodies for sale listing to denigrate their items for sale, plus in this case I think the criticism is totally invalid.

Last edited:
Top Bottom