Hi there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

Guru
Afternoon everyone

I have been lurking in the group for a while without joining, and have learned a lot reading the different forums.

I am middle aged and not very sporty, but I enjoy going round the countryside around Worcester in my bike and, according to my wife, I enjoy even more fettling with the fleet of bikes we have at home. Only one is mine though, the others are the kids and my wife's.

I ride and old battered thing of indeterminate identity, which I bought in Manchester when I was a student for the princely sum of £45.00 in 1999. I used to cycle a lot when we were up in Manchester, but had the bike gathering dust in the garage until about two years ago when our daughters started cycling. Since then I have been slowly getting the bike upgraded. So far I have spray painted the frame, put a new stem, derrailleurs, freewheel and shifters.

Last year I started a new job nearer to home, so now I cycle to work most days, though my commute is not particularly taxing, just 2 miles each way. To increase the cycled distance I try to go out on the country lanes, and I am managing around 90 to 120 miles every month. Not much for many here I guess, but it is a lot for me.

Anyhow, thank you for your attention and hope to chat soon.

Carlos

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Hello and :welcome:

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Top Bottom