Hi newbie from Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jim55

Guru
I'm in Shawlands where r u , the canal path to Falkirk wheel is a good easy flat route and a nice wee stop along the way , there's a few good routes that are mostly traffic free, welcome btw

OP
OP
Musicacbx

Musicacbx

Pretty close by to you Croftfoot, Where do you start on the canal, we would need parking as we have a cycle carrier. Happy to drive about thinking about going up to Loch Lomond soon as I have seen a bike path up there previously.

jim55

Guru
If u drive to spears wharf ( near the town ) the canal starts there and runs right through to the Falkirk wheel , I've done it a few times.when I stayed in burnside I done a wee loop from there u might like(a few hills though) up through castle milk out carmunnock by the wind turbine and back down through ek road

lesley_x

Über Member
Hi from Glasgow also! I would recommend Pollok Park, Chatelheraut park and canal paths. You can do a nice ride starting at glasgow green and along the clydeside also.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome from near you (Rutherglen).
As Lesley said above, lots of nice, quiet riding along the Clyde or follow the path to Loch Lomond from the Green, signposted.
From Kelvingrove park join the canal to the Falkirk Wheel and to Edinburgh beyond. :hello:

Top Bottom