Hi, newbie from Brentwood, Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

socksrolleddown

Hi all,

Just joined , looking to cycle in Brentwood, Essex area, possibly looking for a club, group if I have time.

Male 50 ( +1 in a couple of days ) , got a Giant defy Advanced 1, helmet shoes and shorts so looking foreard to starting out.

Cheers
socksrolleddown (aka Simon )

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hello, welcome to the forums :smile:

Diggs

Veteran
Hi Simon / @socksrolleddown ,
Welcome and greetings from up the road in Billericay.
If you're looking for a fairly relaxed run out then the local bike shop in Billericay High Street (Yellow Jersey cycles) does a fairly relaxed 25 mileish ride every Saturday at 9:00, which I usually try and make as a nice start to the weekend
and there's http://www.essexroadscyclingclub.com/ who have a number of rides on Sundays.
There are a few local people from around here who will no doubt be around with other suggestions or feel free to suggest an adhoc ride.
Hope you get on well with the Giant, nice bike !

cm2mackem

Über Member
[QUOTE
If you're looking for a fairly relaxed run out then the local bike shop in Billericay High Street (Yellow Jersey cycles) does a fairly relaxed 25 mileish ride every Saturday at 9:00, ![/QUOTE]
Best place to start, shame they don't have a coffee shop in store, sure they'd sell more if they did

Essex Here SLR's and FNRttC's
Sunday London Rides
and
Friday Night Ride to the Coast.
organised on here also a blog for the FNRttC's
Sure some 'tinternet Warrior/wizard will put some links on for these.....
Sorry not in my SkillSet.

Hi @socksrolleddown I live in Kelvedon Hatch, if you prefer to ride on saturdays you might want to look at the club I am a member of Glendene CC. They meet up in Blackmore.
http://www.bc-clubs.co.uk/glendenecc/index.php/about/activity/
Just a word of warning its not really a club for bimbling about, no fast or slow group everyone in together, can get a bit compettitive towards the coffee stop and the final few miles home. I am a competitive person so suits me, may not be to everyones taste.

BlueFox

If you are interested in easy recreational rides (at least to start off with), have a look at the Central London Outdoor Group.http://www.clog.org.uk/
We are mainly a walking and cycling group (but we also dabble in other outdoor activities such as canoeing and sailing) - the majority of our members are aged in their 40s to 50s - so the right age range for you. The title is a misnomer (historical reasons) - our members come from all over London and surrounding counties and our cycle rides tend to be in Essex, Kent and Herts. We also have trips away (mainly walking but sometimes cycling) - 15 of us cycled round Lake Constance last May and we have a walking and cycling weekend in Fordwich in a few weeks. Non members can come on up to 3 (non trip) events to try out the group before joining. We have two cycle rides this bank holiday weekend - one in Essex and one in Kent - both around 25 miles.

Top Bottom