Hi. New to the site....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking for some advice please.

I have recently bought a Cannondale CAADX and am completely new to cycling, so I am just unsure what essentials I need to take out with me on rides in case of emergencies like punctures etc.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: You really need a spare tube, tyre levers and a pump but I'd add a multitool (with chain splitter) and a puncture kit (you can get more than 1 flat on a ride) Should all fit in a small wedge pack under the seat with the pump mounted on the frame.
Something like this.http://www.googleadservices.com/pag...TWjAq54dq-D-IKZcPSlGMLhiKbFeCsTzks3nS2YbfPw__

xxDarkRiderxx

Veteran
I always carry
  1. Spare Inner tube
  2. Puncture repair kit
  3. Pump (If you have multiple bikes make sure you have the right pump for the different valves, I've been caught out by this or just purchased the wrong pump !!!!) <- Lame
  4. Multi tool
  5. Spoke Key
  6. Money
  7. Phone if going on long sportives, century rides or cummuting
Hope this helps.
:welcome:

Ern1e

Über Member
All the above are important ! But also a drink bottle is a must have, you can't always find cake/coffee stop when you need one most lol.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Learn to swap-out a rear-wheel tube in the comfort of your own home before having to do it in the dark, pi55ing with rain miles from nowhere ....

Which reminds me ... must practice removing Brompton rear-wheel at home ....

Top Bottom