Hi from the Potteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Greetings to all on cyclechat from sunny (joke) Stoke-on-Trent or as they used to say around here "At owrait" which is Potteries dialect for "how are you" . I'm a soon to be a 47 year old cyclist and have been on and off all my life but mostly on for the last 20 years.

I started with BMX then mtbing but in the last 5 year's I have really enjoyed getting a road bike and love the speed & distance that you get on a road bike.

About 10 year's ago I started bikepacking and has become my favourite thing to do on a bike, but as it involves a lot more planning and logistics I don't get to do as much as I would probably like to but I try to do at least one multi-day trip a year and a few weekends if I can.

My partner started riding with me on the road & off-road a few years ago but her work has meant less and less riding in the last year or two but I'm hopefull she will find her riding mojo again soon.

I have just bought a new gravel bike frame in the shape of a Salsa Warbird so I can combine some of the speed & distance of road riding with the fun of off-road riding and to do some longer bikepacking trips with it too. I will be checking out the cyclechat forums for some help & advice with the build as I'm considering di2 and I haven't a clue what to do with it.

I liked to think I'm a decent bike mechanic and I have built both mine and the missus mtb's from the frames up, both our singlespeed cyclocross bikes and my fixie but the road bikes we bought fully built but I'm just as happy building and tinkering with bikes as I am riding them.

Well I've rambled on long enough and given you a small idea of what I do riding wise and will leave it at that for time being
2017bestnine_cycleofaddiction_full.jpg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Another one here hailing from sunny stoke :hello:

Fonze

Totally obsessive , cool by nature
Hello there .. :bicycle:

Top Bottom