Hi from Surrey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rockpig

Über Member
Hi All

I offered to buy my son a new bike for his 16th birthday. Instead he went for a Matt Bellamy guitar as we'd just seen Muse. So, I decided he could have my 16 year old Marin mountain bike and I'd get a new one instead. Started looking at the 2014 Boardmans as they were discounted and initially looked at an MX, then a Hybrid and ended up on a CX Team. Nostalgia for my teenage years riding on the hoods might have been a factor. I'm loving the lighter weight and really like the SRAM gear shift. Most rides so far have been off road (canal paths etc) and I have missed the front suspension at times but today I did my first all road ride and what a difference. OK, after 16 miles 2 guys on road bikes went past me like I was stood still but I really enjoyed the ride (except the couple of hills). I've gone from having a bike in the garage that I never used to actually wanting to get out. 52 is rapidly approaching so I'm hoping this will get me fitter and losing a few pounds wouldn't be a bad thing either.

I've been reading the forums here for the last couple of weeks and decided to take the plunge today and join up.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

OP
OP
rockpig

rockpig

Über Member
Welcome. Surrey + canal paths = river Wey navigations perchance?
Thanks. I'm a bit further west...I join the Basingstoke canal where it goes through Deepcut. I think I can join the Wey navigations if I follow the canal path through Woking. That might be a nice ride with the kids.

Top Bottom