Hi from St Albans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stormbringer

Regular
Hi I have been cycling for many years ,Don Wiseman got me into it .I go to France every year to follow the Tour.
Really looking forward to this years tour. We have a hotel booked in Yorkshire and then back to London followed by a week in France from the 11th then over to France for the last day of the tour .

I finally got round to buying my first Carbon bike today after many months of looking reading trawling the web etc.
The reason I wanted to replace my alloy bike was the weight heaving it in and out of the car.
I decided to give the Argos bike a try .At £599 I thought I can always return it if its not up to much .They are order only so after placing the order on line Saturday they said it would be in Tuesday .
However I received a text today to say it was in .
So tonight after work I collected it and spent a couple of hours unpacking and built it up .
Now I don't no a lot about bikes but as an engineer and long time biker and car enthusiast I know good build quality and I have to say the carbon frame and forks lock first class for the price.
While some of the parts are defiantly budget the saddle in particular (which I already plan to upgrade) Overall it looks a really nice bike ,I've ordered a set of cleats(another first) shoes and gel pants .

Any tips would be greatly received (tyre pressures being one) I've put 50 psi in for now .
Thanks
John

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Good evening. Welcome to the forum.:welcome:

OP
OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Regular
Got pedals and saddle tonight from Halfords
Went for a short ride all seems good.
newbike3_zps0f61056f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Regular
Thanks I will need to get a better pump as my little pump seems to struggle after 50psi ,I am used to car style
valves with my big double barrel foot pump

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyRM

XOXO
:welcome:

As @HLaB said, get your tyres up to a reasonable pressure. 50psi will give you a dull feeling and sloppy steering. Pressure wise I'd recommend 100psi up front and 120psi at the back. Personal preference though, see what feels right for you.

Oh yeah, and get some pics of your bike up in the Gallery section.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:welcome:

OP
OP
Stormbringer

Stormbringer

Regular
I went for a decent ride tonight (with 100PSI) in the Tyres all seems well .
What all weather tyres would you recomened as I intend using the bike all year round
Thanks
John

Last edited:
Top Bottom