Hi, from Santa Barbara, Ca area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyclezen

Hi All ! Great to join you all ! I'm in Goleta, in the Goleta/Santa Barbara/Carpinteria valley coast. A Little about myself.
Primarily a 'roadie', but also ride mtb, gravel and long history of commuting by bike - until I retired... :smile:).
Been riding 'performance' bikes since '65 and long history of competition riding since '69 (until I stopped racing in 2013).
I try to Ride every day... although there are other things... and cycling isn;t my only passion/interest - but it has been a constant/cornerstone of my approach to living.
Many of the things I've learned, experienced, held close in being a cyclist, can easily be transferred to other areas of living my life.
Hope to be able to ride a bike however long I take a breath.
I tend to be philosophical about most things... LOL! and also tend to do wordy posts... LOL! It's hard for me to say things in 256 char.
I have too many bikes ... ok, others think I have too many bikes, I'm mostly OK with what I have... always up for further discussion... LOL !
Had a couple decades on another bike forum site and thought I could use a change, So happy to be here on CycleChat.
Ride On
Yuri

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome:

ExBrit

Über Member
Hi All ! Great to join you all ! I'm in Goleta, in the Goleta/Santa Barbara/Carpinteria valley coast. A Little about myself.
Primarily a 'roadie', but also ride mtb, gravel and long history of commuting by bike - until I retired... :smile:).
Been riding 'performance' bikes since '65 and long history of competition riding since '69 (until I stopped racing in 2013).
I try to Ride every day... although there are other things... and cycling isn;t my only passion/interest - but it has been a constant/cornerstone of my approach to living.
Many of the things I've learned, experienced, held close in being a cyclist, can easily be transferred to other areas of living my life.
Hope to be able to ride a bike however long I take a breath.
I tend to be philosophical about most things... LOL! and also tend to do wordy posts... LOL! It's hard for me to say things in 256 char.
I have too many bikes ... ok, others think I have too many bikes, I'm mostly OK with what I have... always up for further discussion... LOL !
Had a couple decades on another bike forum site and thought I could use a change, So happy to be here on CycleChat.
Ride On
Yuri

Hi Yuri, I'm a couple of hours away in Running Springs. Have you ever done any randonneuring? The Los Angeles group is very active in your area. In fact, we have several rides coming up in your area. Anyway, if you're into more long distance riding check us out at https://pch.pchrandos.com/stats/pages/myClub.xhtml

postman

Squire
Greetings from Yorkshire.

Top Bottom