Hi from newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NeilnrLincoln

Hi all.
Just thought I'd say hello as I've just joined.
I'm Neil from Lincolnshire. I love bikes & cycling, I have a number of bikes (too many according to my wife) including several mountain bikes, Boardman hybrid & a couple of Raleigh Choppers to relive my mis-spent youth.
I cycle because I love it & also I'm trying to get fit/lose weight.
I'm hoping to cycle coast to coast (possibly the way of the roses) at some point.
Cheers.
Neil.

Reactions: mjr

jonyjony

Hello Neil.......i have also recently joined this forum so :welcome::bicycle:. ......Don't you just love these little characters :hello:.

grumpyoldwoman

:welcome:

OP
OP
NeilnrLincoln

NeilnrLincoln

Thankyou for the warm welcomes. The Raleigh Choppers are a bit of fun, they seem much smaller now than when I was 8 years old! Just got my lad one too so I don't have ride around on one by myself.
I read a few cycling forums but most I don't bother to register or comment as they seem to be full of people who just want to have a dig and belittle others whos cycling knowledge isn't so vast or who don't ride as far or as fast. But this forum seems "nicer" and more friendly.
After a slightly sporadic year of cycling last year when despite my good intensions I didn't get out as often as I wanted & probably only managed about 500 miles, I've set myself a target this year of 100 miles a month with a goal of 1000 by the end of 2016. So far so good, I managed 139 miles in January.

Thankyou for the warm welcomes. The Raleigh Choppers are a bit of fun, they seem much smaller now than when I was 8 years old! Just got my lad one too so I don't have ride around on one by myself.
I read a few cycling forums but most I don't bother to register or comment as they seem to be full of people who just want to have a dig and belittle others whos cycling knowledge isn't so vast or who don't ride as far or as fast. But this forum seems "nicer" and more friendly.
After a slightly sporadic year of cycling last year when despite my good intensions I didn't get out as often as I wanted & probably only managed about 500 miles, I've set myself a target this year of 100 miles a month with a goal of 1000 by the end of 2016. So far so good, I managed 139 miles in January.
I haven't ridden a Raleigh Chopper, since I was a kid, the original ones, were dangerous, in a fun sort of way, the nouveau one's are slightly better designed , but probably not much less fun. Well done on the progress:okay:.

Top Bottom