Hi from Measham (Swadlincote)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig G

Just a quick introduction to CC.

Been on a road bike for about 18 months now. Started off last year on a Focus Culebro as an introduction to see if I got on ok with it and I did / do so not long treated myself to a Focus Cayo Limited with full campag groupset.

At present I’m commuting to and from work most days (25 mile round trip) and get out at the weekend which can be anything from a quick 20 miles up to 60 miles. Unfortunately I am doing most of my riding solo due to a combination of friends that are either too far away or too lazy :laugh:

Had a foot injury for the past 6 weeks which has prevented me from getting any serious mileage in but I'm now fit and raring to go.

Any other folk in my area?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger

OP
OP
Craig G

Craig G

Ah brilliant, thanks for that.

:welcome: My ex's sister lives in Measham, been there more than a few times, Good cycling lanes out that way and the club in Coalville is said to be good.

I do feel blessed living where I do. Derbys, Leics, Staffs and Warks all on my doorstep with a lot of it country roads. I've been contemplating joining a club mainly for the weekend rides. Coalville Wheelers & Mercia are join my hit list...just need a shove in the right direction.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Used to ride through Measham regularly on my trip home from Derby. Loved the long down-hill stretch on the road in from the North.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Hi and :welcome:.
I'm a couple of mile from you in Newton. I biked into Measham to use Tesco's ATM the other week (http://www.strava.com/activities/195478230).

I went through Newton Burgoland a few months back. Set out from Overseal with no planned route and ended up in Heather before I headed back home. Stopped off for a pint in the Belper Arms and took a pic :cheers:

Picture 028.jpg

Top Bottom