Hi from Leicester

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianpallen

Über Member
Hi, I am Ian. I live in Leicester and have a lot of time on my hands as I am on the sick from work. I started to rebuild bikes a couple of years ago after a gap of over 35 years. I still have a lot to learn about bikes, especially the modern ones. My first bike was a Hercules Balmoral (purple) and I could only just reach the pedals while sat on the saddle. That bike went through loads of changes. That was back in the 1970's. I have rebuilt a few vintage racers and made a few touring bikes. My latest bike is a Raleigh Courier. I googled the make of the bike and found this site where casper - d has rebuilt his bike, so I decided to join. I saw my bike on gumtree and something made me want it, so I bought it and stripped it and decided to restore it.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
:welcome: from another in Leicester

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
Thanks. I rode my sons old bike with a child carrier trailer on it to get a hamster cage and hamster. When I was at the sellers house, I thought I was going to pass out. I went dizzy and was dehydrating. I now know to take a drink with me if I go out on the bike. lol.

OP
OP
ianpallen

ianpallen

Über Member
Thanks Phil.
The brakes made a groaning and squeaking noise when stopping when I took it for a test ride, but the brake blocks have the leather in them and are not that good. lol. I will be buying new brake blocks and chain before it goes on the road again.

Top Bottom