Hi from Helston, cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frew

Thought I would give a quick hello!
I have taken up cycling after giving up a 25 year smoking habit 15 weeks ago!

I went on my first ride in June and haven't looked back since.
I manage 20 miles+ rides a couple of times a week, but hoping to build that up over time. Unfortunately I only live 1.5 miles from work but still enjoy clocking up the miles with that!

Having had a browse on this forum, you seem a friendly bunch and I look forward to chatting with you all! :hello:

Shaun

Founder
Welcome, and congrats on giving up smoking - it's 10 years for me this year - previous 40-a-day man!!

Definitely a friendly bunch so get stuck in and chat away. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Frew

Frew

Well done! Kudos to anyone who has managed it! I found it extremely hard, but think I might have cracked it this time, especially with my newly found interest in cycling.

Shaun

Founder
Well done! Kudos to anyone who has managed it! I found it extremely hard, but think I might have cracked it this time, especially with my newly found interest in cycling.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I could quite easily eat the local supermarkets out of biscuits on a daily basis since quitting ... but at least I'm not smoking anymore. :laugh:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Welcome Frew. I'm a reformed character too, not that anybody would notice. Just ride your bike when you can. I found that little and often suited me better than planning sudden training epics. When you learn to enjoy it, you do it more and more.

Welcome,

I have fond memories of cycling around your area.... Is the LadyStreet Club still in existence?

Fubar

Guru

I manage 20 miles+ rides a couple of times a week, but hoping to build that up over time. Unfortunately I only live 1.5 miles from work but still enjoy clocking up the miles with that!

Having had a browse on this forum, you seem a friendly bunch and I look forward to chatting with you all! :hello:

Hi and welcome! Love Cornwall, did a bike of cycling with the One and All club out of Bissoe this year, very welcoming club.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Hello and welcome :welcome:
There are quite a few of us on here from Cornwall and a couple of us from Helston too so we can help with some local knowledge if you need it.
If you need a target there are a few of us doing the Lands End 100 Sportive on October 5th, there's a 75km version if you're still building base mileage find details here
Where do you tend to ride? Couple of us blast down to the Lizard and back almost weekly if you're looking for company.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Just because you are only 1.5 miles from work doesn't mean you can only ride 1.5 miles, two words you will grow to love "EXTENDED COMMUTE" ^_^

Top Bottom