Hi from a new commuter!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr_Ed

Regular
Hey all! Mr_Ed....or just Ed here!

Just thought id say hi as I've got a new job which involves a train in the middle of my commute so I'm looking to get a foldable!

I barely understand anything about bikes or biking (not really rode since I learned in my yoof) so I thought best to come to the experts!

My company is about to start a cycle2work scheme so to be honest I am planning on getting everything I need through this. The bike, helmet, clothing, lights, panniers and whatnot! I'm sure it'll make more sense to get this actual discussion going on the correct forum.....but just saying hi!

Reactions: mjr

andyfraser

Über Member
:welcome:

sanddancer

Hello.
I take it you have checked your train journey is bike friendly, is that the reason for the foldable ?
I've read it is a minefield as regards to carrying bikes on trains around the uk.

OP
OP
M

Mr_Ed

Regular
Hello.
I take it you have checked your train journey is bike friendly, is that the reason for the foldable ?
I've read it is a minefield as regards to carrying bikes on trains around the uk.

People do take non-foldables on the train but I personally don't agree with it because they're always getting in the way or blocking doorways or something. I also live it a flat so the foldableness would come in handy for that too

young Ed

Veteran
Welcome to cc :smile:
Your not related to @young Ed ? or are you a talking horse?
unless @Mr_Ed is a long lost farming cousin from the west country that i wish i had i doubt it some how :/

anyway, welcome @Mr_Ed! you'll see my username pop up quite a bit probably, more so in the winter as that's when i'm less busy in real life. i'm the forums resident mad sheep farmer and farm worker, living and working mainly in kent but i end up everywhere from erecting fences and driving timber out of forests or herding sheep over in Sweden to milking cows and scraping cow shoot down in the new forest
so that might just help explain some of the farming related jokes that go around with my name :smile: :tongue:

anyway, enjoy!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
M

Mr_Ed

Regular
Hi!

No relation indeed! I have no links to sheep or talking horses!

sanddancer

People do take non-foldables on the train but I personally don't agree with it because they're always getting in the way or blocking doorways or something. I also live it a flat so the foldableness would come in handy for that too

Yes its a pity the government wouldn't do something to give more options for cyclists using trains but thats a whole other debate ;)
Good luck with the cycle/train commute and welcome ;)

Top Bottom