Hi everyone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cube58

I am here looking for inspiration, as a keen cyclist I have just recently been told I require a Heart Bypass, this has come totally out of the blue. I was diagnosed second week in January and awaiting an appointment with my Surgeon.
I am 59 and have always tried to keep myself fit by cycling, hill walking, swimming and Hiit sessions in the gym so this has come as a bit of a shock.

I have not had a heart attack, just felt a pressure in the middle of my chest, got it checked out and the Angio showed 2 blockages that cant be stented due to the location.

I would love to hear from anyone who can tell me of their experiences after having surgery or similar and how you are doing generally or post op. Exercise and participation in Sportives and group rides are so important to me, I dread to think if all this went out of the window..

Thanks for reading

Cube

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello and welcome.:welcome:. Quite a few here have survived heart attacks and other illnesses/diseases./infections etc. Not sure where it is, but i suspect someone will be along to point you in the right direction.

Oxo

Guru
Hello and welcome.

I had a Heart Bypass just over 6 years ago. Like you I was active and considered myself fit for my age, 67, when I had my bypass.
I now go to the gym 3/4 times a week during the winter months but a lot less when the weather is suitable for cycling. I ride up to 50 miles or so 2 or 3 times a week. I an lucky as I can ride relatively flat roads, and I avoid riding in particularly cold damp weather.
Build your fitness levels sensibility and go for it. Be positive and good luck.

Top Bottom