Hi All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bunny

I've only recently got back to cycling. Used to cycle 50-100 miles a day for years on a regular bike, also regularly commuted on a Brompton Traveller, but have been ill for many years, not able to cycle at all for about 4, and have recently got myself a Babboe Big cargo trike, as I no longer have the balance or confidence to ride a normal bike, and don't expect to have the health to be able to ever again. Love the Babboe, but is a bit like riding a tricycle with a huge desk on the front. :smile: I mainly got it because I am currently attempting to move from Essex to Sussex, where they seem ever so slightly more accommodating in terms of cycle lanes etc, so I will hopefully be able to ride a bit more, as am very limited where I live now. The few places I do have to ride, have supposedly 'anti-motorbike' devices installed everywhere remotely green, which unfortunately do nothing to prevent motorbikes but everything to stop cyclists, tricyclists, prams, wheelchairs and those with general mobility problems.

I'm currently also looking into getting a regular trike (I got the Babboe mainly to transport my dogs to places for walking them as I have always cycled previously so don't drive at all and never have) and am just trying to get my cycling confidence back and find new places to go. I'm finding it pretty difficult so far though, as places to go where I currently live are limited, and previously with a regular bike I would just hop on a train. I did not think this through with a trike (obviously I wasn't expecting to take the Babboe on a train, as it's almost as big as the train), but hoping this will improve once I eventually move.

So mainly just looking to get back into cycling again, and popped by to say hello. ;)

Hi, and :welcome::bicycle:

Hey there :-)

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Welcome. Please report barriers that block you on www.fixMyStreet.com - it's Essex so it'll probably do naff all good in terms of getting them to comply with the disability discrimination law by removing the barriers, but it might mean they can't claim not to have been informed if the barriers hurt someone.

Top Bottom