hey from edinburgh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xzenonuk

Veteran
hey guys im in a little town with 2 bridges just outside edinburgh, i recently got back into cycling, well within the last year or so :smile:

im 30 and i got fat so i started to ride my trusty old ridge back 602ex yes one of them with the big u brake it is 28 years old and still goes sweet, all original cept for brake pads,seat, handle grips :smile:

what did not go sweet however was the damn muddyfox country i bought from argos for 200 pounds http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1468919.htm i wanted something new and shiny so i thought that looks good muddy fox are good, then i seen universal on the spanner that came with it, then the breaks wouldn't keep aligned and the gears never worked right no matter how i tweaked them, oh the back deraileur was bent out the box... and after 200 miles the bottom bracket packed in lol awesome bso :tongue:

luckilly after having it for 2 months argos took it back and gave me a full refund, which i was very happy about as i got my self a http://www.decathlon.co.uk/rockrider-540-mountain-bike-id_8293149.html about an hour later after properly researching bikes before hand :smile:

that new bike rides so smooth and is a true upgrade from my trusty old ridgeback that i still have, i also put a more comfy seat on it and changed the front deraileur to a deore one and its not skipped a beat cept for occasional chain suck from one gear in over 200 miles :smile:

also finished my first 30 mile ride on my fat ass last saturday im so happy with this bike, im finding it a joy to ride, just like my ridgeback was when i first got it :smile:

Last edited:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. Glad you got a refund from argos and got yourself a better bike.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome: those old Ridgebacks are worth rebuilding I've got a lovely old 502cs hybrid that I built up from a frame I was given with mainly Deore components but a road 52-42-30 crankset and road (handlaced) wheels.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: @xzenonuk

Well done getting back on the bike and I'm glad you're enjoying riding.:thumbsup:

Shame you had all that trouble with the Muddyfox. Unfortunately the company was bought out a few years back and changed from producing quality bikes to using their old reputation to shift nasty cheap tat.:thumbsdown:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
:hello: @xzenonuk and :welcome: to CycleChat ! :dance:

Keep an eye on the CC and Informal Rides section and come and join us on a CC Ecosse ride sometime.

There are 3 Rules for our rides:
- any bike will do
- no none gets left behind
- there will be CAKE !

Look forward to meeting and riding with you ! :bicycle:

Top Bottom