Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spacer

Hi,
I'm looking forwards to exchanging in this community. I am a French American living in Paris. I ride for transport in the city and out to Versailles where I work on a saved-from-the-bin Decathlon cheapo (no fear of theft), and train on and light tour on a Cannondale R1000 i bought in 2000. I'm interested in more serious bike touring and bikepacking and future bike purchases/builds will be address that. I'm trying to self educate on bike mechanics in spare time. Best regards, Peter

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Greetings from over the Rhine. Saved from the bin type bikes can often do a lot more than people think, especially when well maintained. Let me know if you are touring in this end of France...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Spacer

Spacer

Greetings from over the Rhine. Saved from the bin type bikes can often do a lot more than people think, especially when well maintained. Let me know if you are touring in this end of France...
Yes, I am amazed at how useful can be a thing which other would throw away. I am not a total marxist, but the use value of something is meaningful to me. I've ridden thousands of happy kilometers in and around Paris on this old thing once i did some basic maintenance. I see bikes forgotten on the street all the time and think what a waste at every level. If i could, I'd fix them all and give them to some interested kid. Of course I am aware that this bike has its limits and the Ultegra groupset on my Cannondale is fantastic. I will buy some new touring/gravel rig probably if ever I break the Cannondale's frame, but barring that, I'll just keep riding it and fixing it.

Top Bottom