Hello!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all, new member here! Have decided to get into cycling as I'm looking to lose weight and have been doing a lot of running, but as it puts a lot of pressure on the knees I'm looking to alternate it with cycling.

Went into a LBS, (I think I used that acronym correctly), and ordered a Specialized Crosstrail Disc this week; the other half ordered a matching Ariel. Excited about taking them out next week! We're both teachers so hoping to be active this summer.

Live and work in Salisbury, Wiltshire but also visit Bath a lot where I went to Uni.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. I hope you both enjoy your bikes :welcome:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
:welcome: to CC.
I hope that you get some decent weather to enjoy your new bikes. I'm an ex runner but prefer cycling to running nowadays. You get to see the countryside and eat cake :hungry:

OP
OP
TheSalisburyTeacher

TheSalisburyTeacher

Thanks all! Picked up the new bike today and I love it! It's better looking than my car is! Did a short little 10km ride to practice, and apart from learning that hills are horrible, all went well. GF also likes her Ariel, to quote, "Oh look! The paint is sparkly!"

I'm now looking to get some mud guards/fenders for it, so I could potentially use it for commuting to work. I live in the countryside so I'd turn up at work looking like a swamp creature if I didn't have mudguards I think. Does anyone have recommendations? It has all the fitting points for fenders, although I'm nervous about transforming it from a sexy matt-black bike into a little old lady's run-around if I stick something too garish on it...

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:

Top Bottom