Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Swiss67

Hi guys,Just joined this cycle chat forum,been riding seriously since june this year and currently out injured with an unexplained lower back injury.

Im entered into Ride London 2015 through a charity ballot on behalf of a local childrens hospice,were in a team of three riders and very excited to ride in such a huge event for them.
Im not too sure what to do on here,so any advice is welcome.I was advised to join by a friend to ask advice about my rather strange injury,such as how common it is etc!!
If anyones interested in training with me over the next few months leading up to london you will be most welcome.Im planning such rides as the Nefyn mountains and around anglesey from the spring to get some serious leg strength done.
I look forward to hearing from you,oh and one last thing,thank you to Shaun for my welcome message.

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome: Hello.
I would find a good osteopath and get their opinion on your injury. Hope you're better soon. :bicycle:

OP
OP
S

Swiss67

:welcome: Hello.
I would find a good osteopath and get their opinion on your injury. Hope you're better soon. :bicycle:
Hi,Yeah im trying to find one at the mo.Went the docs last friday and of course all they do is terrify you by putting you in for tests for the "the big c" i only went in with a sore back:sad:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hi,Yeah im trying to find one at the mo.Went the docs last friday and of course all they do is terrify you by putting you in for tests for the "the big c" i only went in with a sore back:sad:

I think nowadays, they are paid extra for looking for certain things. Checking blood pressure, cholesterol, having the flu jab etc. The more tests they do on you, the more they are paid, or so it seems.

Where about in Cheshire are you? Some good riding closer to home (Clwydians, Berwyns, peaks, sandstone ridge, ...) to get some strength / fitness.

jagman.2003

Über Member
Welcome to CC.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hi and :welcome: from neighbouring Shropshire.

Good that you're going for professional advice about the back trouble. Assuming it's not something medical it may be worth having the bike properly set up for you.

Good luck with the training (when you can get back to it). Keep us posted with how you get on.:thumbsup:

Top Bottom