Hello...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

contadino

Veteran
Hello everyone. I'm a fairly regular cyclist - a couple of times a week. My routes are about 50/50 mixes of road and off road usually around 50km. I live down in the south of Italy, in Puglia. This forum looks quite chilled so I thought I'd join. I prefer older kit which is handy because I'm always broke.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
:welcome: @contadino . No doubt the forum members here will make you welcome.

ScotiaLass

Guru
Welcome from me in Scotland.
Italy is a gorgeous country with lovely people. I've been skiing in the North - a long time ago!
I would love to visit Rome and The Vatican City :smile:

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome. Italy must be a great place for cycling. A fine tradition in cycle making too, maybe an opportunity to pick one up if you haven't got one already. What bike have you got?

OP
OP
contadino

contadino

Veteran
Thanks everyone. I thought you were a friendly bunch when I was having a mooch around earlier.

I ride a 2001 Claud Butler Cape Wrath which suits me really well so see no point in changing. It's been cycled over most of Europe over the years. It needs new forks and I've promised myself some of those exotic rigid carbon forks next time I'm outside Italy. And I have a project build on the go, but that'll be a total Heinz 57, flat bar, 1x8 road bike. I dream of a c1998 Kona Cinder Cone one day...

I built a website for my local bike shop and the owner has been paying me with componentry and assistance ever since. :-) It's much, much cheaper to pick up retro Italian gear in Germany or the UK than it is around here. In fact it's nigh on impossible to get hold of any old bits around here which is why the bike shop has been such a boon. It takes a while for bits to show up (3 months for a pair of 1" threadless forks) , but at least they do, eventually.

Mrs M

Guru
Welcome from me in Scotland.
Italy is a gorgeous country with lovely peopl. I've been skiing in the North - a long time ago!
I would love to visit Rome and The Vatican City :smile:
Was in Rome last month, WOW

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom