Hello to all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sneaky beaky

Aaaarghhhh....I've entered a 77 mile sportive in a couple of months and I'm attempting to get fit.
Bought an old lightweight Raligh frame and have now painted and fitted it out with shimano 600 tri - think this was the easy bit.

Trying to get out now for short rides in the evening and doing yoga in the mornings which has been a real suprise and making a positive impact on my daily work (which is physical) also swimming at weekends.

It's great to have a goal to focus on and I'm learning so much about cycling, there''s not enough time in the day.

anyway, the suns out and I'm off for a 15mile (it's been a long day)

So there ya go for now, just thought I'd say hello to u great peeps ;)

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hello and welcome.

roryo07

:welcome:

OP
OP
sneaky beaky

sneaky beaky

Thanks all :smile: the 15miler turned into a 28miler...Ooouuch...got the right bike but the wrong saddle...climbing ladders at work today ...tears in my eyes :blush:

I've got an old turbo saddle bought on ebay a few weeks back so will try that for Fridays ride...

here's a snap or two of the bike...purist's look away - its a lightweight wd number 531tubing but forks are basic I think...its a good training bike right now and all the components work perfectly.. think this is circa 1986...

the saddle is very wrong...altered the position after this snap - the groupset is tricolour with just the BB and pedals modern versions
frame not polished yet but did the forks last week, the rest is in 2 tone met black and midnight blue.
A chap said last night whilst looking at the bike 'you got the cables wrong' but personally I like the way they are for now, from the front they cross perfectly with the seat tube, madness :smile:

20160608_204851.jpg
20160608_204906.jpg
20160608_204921.jpg
20160608_204927.jpg

Top Bottom