Hello to All

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mstrmind5

Hi there,

31 y/o male, 6' 1" with 34.5" inside leg, reasonably unfit and the only cycling I've ever done before was some occasional cycling as a kid. Now looking to start cycling properly as a way of commuting (10 miles each way from SE London to Central London) and hopefully getting in better physical shape. Still unsure what bike to get, but hopefully some helpful members will assist me in another post I've made in another section of the forum.

To test myself, I also borrowed a friends old boardman cyclecross bike to ride my potential commute route early one sunday morning. I managed to cycle 7 of the 10 miles (finished at London Bridge) before needing a 5 min rest and then cycled 7 miles home. I timed each 7 mile cycle around 40-45 mins. I don't think that's too bad. I loved the freedom of the road and the speed and open air. What I didn't love was the aching muscles and being knackered. Hopefully with a few more rides the body will feel a bit better.

Signing Out.

Reactions: mjr

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Bryony

Veteran
:welcome: 14 miles is a great start! When I got back on a bike after about an 11 years I huffed and puffed round a fairly flat 4 mile route, I seriously thought I was going to keel over at one point! I now do rides of 25+ miles I even did my first 50 miler last year!

Top Bottom