Hello there

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotVeryGood

Hi everyone,

Been lurking a little while, but nothing serious. Have a bit more time on my hands for a few more weeks after coming off the bike nearly 3 weeks ago. Managed to break my ankle and elbow when I couldn't get unclipped in time (biff, I know).
Luckily I was 29 miles into a 30 miler and I managed to get back on the bike and cycle the mile home, trying not to cry or be sick. Locked the bike away, had a shower, and walked to the doctors. Then a taxi to A&E. Any who, thanks to being stupid, here I am.
Itching to get back on the bike, but suspect confidence will be low for a while (and fitness).

ScotiaLass

Guru
Ouch! I hope you heal quickly.
Oh and :welcome:

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Hello and welcome, bit of a downer gettig injured that way, I would think the majority of us have had clipless moments including myself but luckily I managed to release my foot before hitting the ground. When you do get back in the saddle try riding with just one foot clipped in until you build your confidence back up.

OP
OP
N

NotVeryGood

Cheers everyone. Been clipless for about 6 months, and that is my first, and unfortunately, worst moment. Like you say, I'm not the first, and won't be the last, just happened to break stuff.
Never mind, 6 weeks off work, and they will provide a physio and stuff like that before being allowed back on full duties.

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Hi everyone,

Been lurking a little while, but nothing serious. Have a bit more time on my hands for a few more weeks after coming off the bike nearly 3 weeks ago. Managed to break my ankle and elbow when I couldn't get unclipped in time (biff, I know).
Luckily I was 29 miles into a 30 miler and I managed to get back on the bike and cycle the mile home, trying not to cry or be sick. Locked the bike away, had a shower, and walked to the doctors. Then a taxi to A&E. Any who, thanks to being stupid, here I am.
Itching to get back on the bike, but suspect confidence will be low for a while (and fitness).

OOF! that is bad luck my friend, but is the bike ok? ;)

Welcome to the forum and get well soon, buddy :hugs:

OP
OP
N

NotVeryGood

Bike ok, I think, got home and locked it away and not seen it since. Slight scuff on the end of the bar tape. Bit gutted really, quite like my bike.

U

User32269

:welcome: can't believe u not riding one legged and one armed? Wuss!!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Slioch

Guru
Not brilliant circumstance, but :welcome: anyhow. At least you'll have some time to stick a few posts on here, but my advice would be to keep away from the SC&P section for the time being ^_^.

U

User32269

I wish, scared of doing more damaged - to the bike. Only had that one for just over 6 months. Missing driving loads as well.
I was laid up getting my wrist (sort of) fixed for 18 months. Couldn't ride or drive, when I got back in car it took me days to be able to drive properly!
Hopefully you will be be up and running soon.
At least your not as stupid as I was, smashed left arm to bits after stepping back to admire my repointing skills outside 2nd floor window!
Hope u have speedy recovery.

Top Bottom