Hello, joining from West Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking the forums for a little while now, thought I should join and at least make some effort at contributing to the community.

I'm from West Yorkshire. I've cycled for quite a while, although in the last couple of years it has been much more commuting than leisure, although the two can go together. I live in Hebden Bridge and work in Manchester (no I don't cycle all the way there).

Please look out for my vague, low content posts.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Hello, and welcome! :hello:

After 29 years in HB, I moved down the valley to Todmorden last year. I organise quite a lot of rides round here. If you fancy coming along on any of them, you'd be welcome to join us. In fact, 4 of us are doing a hilly 72-miler on Saturday to Rivington and back.

If you want to know what kind of thing to expect, then browse through the threads in THIS LIST which show me as thread starter.

OP
OP
Starchivore

Starchivore

I don't know much about Cinco de Mayo
Hi Colin- I've been following your threads with interest prior to joining actually!

I definitely will join one of your rides soon. I say "soon" because I want to get a bit fitter for the distance first! In the last year I've been riding mostly just a few miles at a time (home to a train station a bit further down the line, commuting). I am taking on a commute to a slightly-further away station (Littleborough) as of hopefully next week, which will provide a bit more distance which will help me.

I'm from Todmorden- I've been living in Hebden about 18 months now- minus a few months just after boxing day.... got flooded and had to move for a while, to Sowerby Bridge, which was okay, interesting as I didn't know it well at all. My girlfriend and I just recently moved back to Hebden.

If there's anyone else commuting between Littleborough/Tod and Hebden in the mornings, do say hello :smile:

Top Bottom