Hello from Wymondham-Anyone interested in doing some rides ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcstorey

Hi
Thanks for reading this-am newish to cycling bought a bike last June and have really enjoyed riding around the area, Previously had not ridden a bike for over 20 years so all the "new" technology was a big surprise-gears on handle bars not down the frame. Looking for anyone interested in doing some rides around Wymondham area just message me....

Saluki

World class procrastinator
How fast do you ride?

OP
OP
M

marcstorey

Well happy to have some company and can always tailor speed etc let me know if interested

Mod Edit: Address removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyfoil

The Jolly Ginger Giant
:welcome:

Cyprus

Welcome, very much a newbie myself too.

Only had my bike a couple of months but enjoying it so far. I could potentially be up for rides in the Wymondham area, although I have just recently emailed Hethersett Velo Club too about possibly joining them, just waiting for a reply from them at the moment.

Regarding average speeds, I have found that alot depends on weather conditions and also what mood or frame of mind I am in at the time. Can vary sometimes. A gentle, leasurely ride sometimes takes priority over a more energetic pace, on other occasions I like to try and push myself a little bit. I would be happy to modify or adapt to other peoples riding pace though.

Did a Wymondham/Morley/Deopham/Gt. Ellingham/Attleborough/Old Buckenham/New Buckenham/Upgate/Spooner Row/Wymondham ride on Sunday evening, total of about 25 miles in just under an hour and a half. Averaged out at 17mph (around 27kph I think?). I think the tailwind coming home helped though! :whistle:

citybabe

Keep Calm and OMG.......CAKES!!
Welcome, very much a newbie myself too.

Only had my bike a couple of months but enjoying it so far. I could potentially be up for rides in the Wymondham area, although I have just recently emailed Hethersett Velo Club too about possibly joining them, just waiting for a reply from them at the moment.

Regarding average speeds, I have found that alot depends on weather conditions and also what mood or frame of mind I am in at the time. Can vary sometimes. A gentle, leasurely ride sometimes takes priority over a more energetic pace, on other occasions I like to try and push myself a little bit. I would be happy to modify or adapt to other peoples riding pace though.

Did a Wymondham/Morley/Deopham/Gt. Ellingham/Attleborough/Old Buckenham/New Buckenham/Upgate/Spooner Row/Wymondham ride on Sunday evening, total of about 25 miles in just under an hour and a half. Averaged out at 17mph (around 27kph I think?). I think the tailwind coming home helped though! :whistle:

Hiya! I'm very often out riding around your way

Cyprus

Hiya! I'm very often out riding around your way

Not ridden past you once or twice (in the opposite direction) around the Morley/Deopham road have I?? I sometimes ride out that way after work, when the mood takes me.

Regarding my email to Hethersett Velo club, unfortunately I have had no response whatsoever to my enquiry about joining. Must of been something I said ...... :blush:

Could be an idea if some of us 'Wymondham-ites' got together for a no-hassle social ride, maybe? As marcstorey originally suggested? :bicycle:

Top Bottom